Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Completed Scarves and Christmas Cookies!

It took quite a few hours, but I am finally finished with both of the scarves. I'm really happy with how they turned out; no holes, gaps, or any other awful imperfections that graced my first couple scarves. I managed not to drop or add rows and it didn't take me a year to make! Overall, I would say that the purple one took about 4 hours and the green took about 3 hours. This could be an overestimation as I never knitted for more than a half-hour straight (ahhh, cramped fingers), but I am getting better at it :)
 
The purple scarf is one of the presents I will be giving to my boyfriend's mom for Christmas. It's a traditional scarf in length and design and it's the perfect width to keep her warm all winter long! I knitted the green one for myself. I don't know if you can tell, but it's a bit shorter than the purple one. The ends of the green scarf are stitched together so that I can loop it around my neck twice and still be able to wear it a bit "slouchy". These sort of scarves are very trendy right now. Check out this one below from Etsy. This is what it looks like around my neck.
 

On another note, my mom and I spent most of Saturday afternoon/evening and late Sunday morning making Christmas cookies. However, we don't just make one kind; we make tons and deliver them to friends and loved ones. This has been a tradition for as long as I can remember. This year we chose to make gingerbread, sugar cookies, peanut butter cookies, M&M cookies (made with chocolate chip cookie batter, minus the chocolate chips), coconut joy bars (think Mounds candy), Hershey's kiss cookies, and peppermint brownies. So many made-from-scratch goodies! We baked about 30 dozen goodies total and we ended up making special deliveries to 20 houses on Sunday evening. It was SO hard to bake all these desserts on a non-cheat day without eating a single one or even licking my fingers! My diet and eating schedule is hard, but it sure is paying off. (If you have no clue about what I'm talking about, I only allow myself to eat sugar/junk/fried food once a week, usually on Wednesdays. I've been doing this since late August.)
 
I love this tradition that my mom and I share and I hope that it is something I will continue to do throughout the years. Do you have any holiday traditions? If so, I want to hear about them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!