Thursday, December 13, 2012

IKEA is practically heaven.

Last weekend I was finally able to get off the island and venture to the "real world." With a section of our highway still damaged from Hurricane Sandy, my mother and I had to take a 2 hour ferry to the mainland. This was our first trip off the island since Sandy. It certainly was not a fun way to start our trip, but I am thankful that I don't have to leave more often for doctor's appointments or things of that nature. Our destination was Maryland (to visit Grandma) and of course, I had to make a stop at IKEA on the way.

It was a glorious feeling to see this sight after months of not being able to go anywhere except gas stations, the gym, and Food Lion. It was almost a magical feeling :)



I had been eyeing their website for about a week and made a list of all the beautiful holiday decorations I wanted to check out. Unfortunately, the selection was very picked over and I only ended up with a few items. However, I ultimately ended up with the things I wanted most: two artificial potted trees. I've never been a fan of artificial plants, but these look so real that it's ridiculous!

I circled the whole store searching for these babies and was first unsuccessful. After checking-out I walked by the food area and saw one of the potted trees in a display. I immediately ran to an employee and asked her if I could buy it. After a few phone calls she said yes and I raced to grab a flower pot for it. While my mom guarded the tree, a woman approached her and said she had seen another one in a discarded cart somewhere in the store. She passed it up because she wanted two. I bought the last two trees in the entire store just as the store was closing; I was a happy girl.


 
The plant pots are about the same size as the black pot that the tree is in. They look great with the trees. I don't exactly have anywhere to put them (since I don't have a place of my own), but I knew this was a purchase I wouldn't regret. Buying decorations really gets me in the holiday spirit! Do you decorate your home for the holidays? If so, what are your favorite new additions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!