Monday, February 4, 2013

DIY V-Day Banner and Ikea Wreath

Valentine's Day is just around the corner and if you didn't know, February 14th is more than just candy in flowers in this house. Valentine's Day is also my birthday! Just like any other holiday, I love decorating for Valentine's Day. Check out this wreath I found at IKEA a few weeks before Christmas. It's so cute and for just under $10, I'm not sure I could have even made one for that price.


I also made this V-Day banner last year. I bought some scrapbook paper from Michael's, traced hearts with a cookie cutter, used a standard size hole punch to make the holes, and pieced it together with pink ribbon. It was so easy and inexpensive to make it. You may not be able to tell from the photo, but the white hearts are textured scrapbook paper and the pink hearts are textured and have a "glittery" sheen to them. The banner is hung on the window in front of my bed and though it may sound silly, I get such a joy out seeing it every time I get in and out of bed. It's the little things that make me happy...

 
Do you decorate for Valentine's Day? Have any big plans for V-Day? Or do you even celebrate it? I wanna know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!