Tuesday, February 12, 2013

DIY Valentine Pennant Wreath

 
I can hardly believe that Valentine's Day is almost here! It's amazing how fast time flies. I know it's a bit late, but here's a DIY Valentine Pennant Wreath that is super simple to make. I have seen many like it on Etsy, so I thought I would give it a try. It completely embodies the characteristics of my favorite kind of wreath: a bit rustic, really simple, and just the right amount of "cuteness"!


Here's what you will need:

Grapevine wreath
Scraps of burlap
Scraps of red felt
Red acrylic paint
12" hemp, string, or yarn
Paint brush
Hot glue gun

Here's what you do:

Cut out four small triangles from the burlap scraps and four small triangles from the felt. (I printed out a triangle to use as a template so that all of my triangles were the same size.)

Place a dab of glue in the each of the corners of the felt triangle and adhere it to the burlap triangle.

Place the triangles felt side up and place a small line of glue at the top of each triangle, attaching the hemp to the back of the triangles, creating a mini pennant banner.

 
Flip the triangles back over (burlap side up) and freehand or trace a heart onto each triangle. Paint it with the red acrylic paint (or whatever color you want).


Once the paint dries, tie each end of the mini banner to the grapevine wreath, trimming the excess hemp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!