Saturday, March 2, 2013

Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes

There's something special about breakfast on the weekends. I love stepping out of my normal bowl of bran cereal or oatmeal and eating something that truly satisfies me.

This is where Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes come in. They are so filling and they're actually good for you! They're a [healthier] variation of my recipe for The World's Best Pancakes. I've omitted the sugar, but if you use ripe bananas you will not miss it; I promise! Give this recipe a try this weekend!

 Ingredients:

1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup skim milk
1/2 cup of sliced bananas (about half a medium banana)
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 egg
2 tablespoons of oil (vegetable, canola, etc.)
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions:

In a small mixing bowl, lightly beat the egg. Add the flour, milk, baking powder, nutmeg, oil, and salt, and mix until well combined. Fold in the bananas.

In a heated skillet, pan, or griddle, portion out batter [about 3 tablespoons for each pancake] and cook. Once the pancake starts to bubble up and is dry around the edges, flip it to cook the other side.

Serve with fresh banana slices and top with your favorite syrup [I used Cary's Sugar Free Pancake Syrup]!

My Presto Griddle makes cooking pancakes so easy. There's
no need to grease/spray it and pancakes cook perfectly at 325*.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!