Thursday, May 23, 2013

Easy Crock-Pot Chicken Cacciatore

I love cooking with my Crock-Pot. It's so simple: pour in the ingredients and walk away for a few hours. I saw this recipe for Quick Chicken Cacciatore over on this blog a while back and I am so glad that I finally got around to trying it out. Don't let the photo fool you- it actually tastes amazing! Food from the slow cooker is so hard to photograph :)
Ingredients:

1 large can of crushed San Marzano tomatoes (28oz)
1 pack of chicken breasts (3 medium), washed, pat dry, and seasoned with salt and pepper
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 large sweet onion, minced
1 C fresh basil
1 t dried oregano
Splash of balsamic vinegar
Salt (about 1 1/2 t) and pepper (1/2 t)

Directions:

Toss everything into the slow cooker (spray it first with non-stick spray if you need to) and cook for 4-6 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low. My slow cooker actually cooks pretty fast, so mine was done in 3 hours.
 
Serve over pasta or zucchini noodles. Or just eat a bunch of homemade bread with it like I did. Oops.
 
 
How often do you cook with your slow cooker (if you have one)? Do you have a favorite slow cooker recipe?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!