Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day: Part 2- Whopper Cake

My mom loves Whoppers. She'll kill me when she sees I wrote this for the whole world to see, but she can polish off a container of Whoppers like it's going out of style... Seriously!

So, when it came time to figure out what kind of cake I would be making her for Mother's Day, Whopper Cake was an obvious choice. I came across the recipe a few months ago and had it in the back of my mind ever since. I was a bit skeptical for a cake recipe that called for Cool Whip in the icing, but it actually tasted pretty good and had the Whopper flavor she loves.

Ingredients:

1 box milk chocolate cake mix
1 1/2 cups chocolate malted milk powder, divided (I could only find the original flavor)
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 tub (8 ox.) whipped topping (Cool Whip)
1 cup Whoppers, crushed

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350* and spray a 13 x 9 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and coat with flour.

In a medium mixing bowl, combine cake mix with 3/4 cups malted milk powder. Add in eggs, oil, and water. Stir to combine.

Pour batter into pan and bake for 35-40 minutes (until a toothpick inserted comes out clean).

Allow cake to cool completely and make topping.

For the topping

In a medium bow, combine whipped topping with remaining malted milk powder. Stir until completely incorporated and no longer grainy.

Spread topping on top of cooled cake.

Top with crushed malted milk balls.


What is your mom's favorite dessert?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!