Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Italian "Funeral" Soup

Along with my graduation announcement (that I made myself), I mailed a blank recipe card (that I also made myself- I will post these soon) and asked the recipient to help me build my recipe collection by sharing a copy of their favorite family recipe. I've received a few completed recipe cards and I can't wait to try them all out!

My dear friend Mary Beth gave me a recipe for Italian "Funeral" Soup. It's simple and easy to make (which is my favorite kind of recipe) and tastes great! I can see this recipe being a huge hit at a get-together or luncheon. The best part about this recipe is that you probably already have all of the ingredients!

Ingredients:

1 can Campbell's Cream of Potato Soup
6 or 8 Armour Italian Style Meatballs
Crushed red pepper flakes
Low-fat milk

Directions:

Broil meatballs. Squeeze meatballs in paper towels to absorb excess fat.

Process soup and an equal amount of low-fat milk in a blender or food processor.

Add the meatballs and continue processing.

Portion out the soup and sprinkle red pepper flakes as a garnish.

Though Mary Beth didn't mention the addition of any cheese, I think it would be alright if you choose to add a pinch or two of shredded cheese to your cup of soup :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!