Monday, June 24, 2013

One Beautiful Thing Monday

When I started this weekly series just last week, I  don't think I realized quite how hard it would be to take note of something truly beautiful each week when I spend most of my time working in a restaurant, cleaning houses, and catching up on sleep... haha! It's certainly a challenge, but something I also look forward to sharing with all of you.

The most notable "beautiful thing" that I witnessed this week made me think about how simple acts of kindness can really make a difference in the lives of others.


On my trip to the grocery store (Thursday), I witnessed a couple at the register with their two kids. They were trying to pay for their groceries, but were short just a few dollars. A look of panic and embarrassment came over the couple, while the children didn't understand what was happening. The man behind them  in line instantly reached into his own wallet and paid the difference without hesitation and without saying a word. The first man thanked the stranger and explained that after a really rough year, his generosity meant the world to him.

Did you see a beautiful thing take place last week?
If so, please share it in the comment box below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!