Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer is here!

It's Fridayyyyyy! And it's officially the first day of summer. Joy! It's been a busy week for me, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Here's a few photos of what I've been loving this week...
 
Watermelons are everywhere!

 
I've been loving watermelon lately; it's a summertime obsession of mine. I don't even feel guilty when I eat almost half of a watermelon as a meal anymore... I feel hydrated and awesome!
 
 
When I'm in the northern Outer Banks, I like to stop at Tullio's every now and then. I hadn't been since last summer, and I was ready for a treat on Wednesday!


I planned on getting an Dreamsicle cupcake, but they were sold out! I opted for one of their Carrot Cake cupcakes, which are pretty amazing...


I've been trying to buy fresh produce about twice a week, prepping it right away, and storing it for later. It's been working out great Choosing healthy options is much easier when you don't have to wash, peel, and cut when you want something to eat at that very moment (and basically none of my produce goes to waste when it's ready to eat).
 
I'm loving this book... it's so good and I really look forward when I can sit down and get some reading done.
 

Do you have any big plans for the weekend? I have Saturday evening off, so I'm super excited. I'm thinking that it might be time for pizza or cooking dinner on the grill!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!