Thursday, July 25, 2013

Easy Dinners: Hawaiian Burgers

Because it's been so warm out, I haven't wanted to turn on the oven very much. This also means that most of my meals have been made up of assembling food items rather than really cooking. The grill is a life saver! Needless to say, we decided that burgers would make a great quick dinner. My favorite burger always seems to be a Hawaiian burger. When we're visiting Chuck's friends in Virginia, we always seem to go to a particular restaurant that has a buy-one-get-one burger night. This is where the Hawaiian Burger obsession all started.
 
So, as simple as the recipe is, I want to share my version with you. I wouldn't quite call this real cooking, more like assembling, but it's a great way to switch up a plain ol' burger.
 
The recipe starts with none other than a burger. I used 93% lean ground beef, but you can use whatever you like: ground turkey, chicken, black bean, or veggie burgers would all be great! Drizzle some teriyaki sauce into the ground meat and add some salt and pepper. Form patties and place them over the grill. Cook until you reach your desired temperature.
 
 
 Add some cheese (Hawaiian burgers usually have provolone) and toss some pineapple rings onto the grill.
 
 
Finally, assemble the cheesy burger with the pineapple ring onto a bun and add your favorite BBQ sauce. If you'd rather make your own, here's a great recipe.
 
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!