Saturday, July 27, 2013

Easy Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Happy Saturday, everyone! I hope you all are enjoying the weekend.
Summertime on the island is as perfect as always.
 
In my humble opinion, sweet potatoes are definitely a "super food. " I will almost always choose a sweet potato over a regular russet potato and I simply adore sweet potato fries. They're divine.
 
Sweet potatoes are packed full of nutrients- just look at this chart! Holy Vitamin A!
 
 
Well, since I've professed my love for sweet potatoes to you, I thought I'd share a super simple recipe for an easy side dish. These Roasted Sweet Potatoes are just the right amount of sweet and the cinnamon adds so much flavor. They would go great with anything: rotisserie chicken, baked fish, grilled steaks, etc. And while the oven's already on (yes, I know it's summer... I apologize), go ahead and roast some fresh veggies drizzled with extra virgin olive oil. Delicious! 
 
 
Ingredients:
 
2 large sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
 
Directions:
 
Preheat the oven to 400*F.
 
Wash and dry the sweet potatoes.
 
Cut the sweet potatoes into small bite-size pieces and place them into a baking dish.
 
Drizzle the honey and cinnamon over the potato pieces and mix well.
 
Bake for about an hour (depending on the size of your potatoes) or until they have reached your desired tenderness. Throughout cook-time, every 15 minutes or so, stir the potatoes.
 
 
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!