Sunday, September 1, 2013

Banana-Coconut Wheat Muffins

Happy September! I'm so ready for fall weather, boots, scarves, and cool evenings!

I know I just posted about my Banana Muffin Tops a few days ago, but while the recipe was fresh in my mind, I played around with it to make it a little more "me". You need to make these right away. They are so good! AND, the best part, they are just 71 calories each!


PS- these muffins freeze beautifully and defrost in no time at all. Paired with a cup of coffee, one of these muffins make the perfect pick-me-up snack. Don't ask me how I know...




Banana-Coconut Wheat Muffins
Makes 12 muffins

Ingredients:

1/4 cup light butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 very ripe medium bananas, mashed
1/4 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
1 cup wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 375*F and line a muffin plan with cupcake tins.

In a small bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well incorporated. Add the remaining ingredients and beat until well combined.

Divide the batter among the tins and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!