Thursday, August 22, 2013

Lemon Poppyseed Muffin Tops

I finally bought a Whoopie Pie Pan.
 
I had been eyeing them on Amazon for quite a while, but I wasn't sure that I'd really use it very often. When I found one at TJ Maxx a few weeks ago for only $5.99, I just had to buy it!
 
My first baking experience with the pan turned out really well, so I wanted to share the recipe with all of you.
 
Lemon Poppyseed Muffin Tops
 
 
Ingredients: 
 
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sour cream
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 egg
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract


Directions:

Preheat oven to 400°. Spray muffin top pan with nonstick cooking spray.

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.

In a small bowl, whisk sour cream, oil, eggs, vanilla extract, poppy seeds and lemon juice.

Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir only to combine.

Divide batter equally into pan cavities.

Bake 9 - 11 minutes or toothpick inserted in center of muffin top comes out clean.
 
 
Tip: Don't overfill the cavities or you will end up with a few sloppy looking muffin tops like mine :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!