Sunday, October 27, 2013

Week Recap: 10/27

Hello, hello. I hope you all had a great week and a fabulous weekend. Though I worked extra hours this week with my regular job and my part-time job, I still managed to fit in some time for fun and good eats.
 
Along with my regular fitness classes and dance classes I taught, I completed my three training runs as planned. It's getting a little bit easier, but now that I'm increasing mileage, I've noticed that my left knee has started to hurt. No bueno! If you have any advice, I'd love to hear it.
 
 
Some photos from the week:
 
Veggie stir-fry over rice at The Good Life Gourmet.
 
 
This beautiful sunset made for a nice drive home after a great afternoon on the mainland.
 
 
Date night with Babe! Gidget's has the best pizza ever in case you were wondering.
 
 
On Saturday, I decided to go to Ocracoke and postpone my run until the evening. I always have so much fun on Ocracoke- it's a small little island with beautiful beaches, shops and boutiques, restaurants, and more. And everything is in walking distance. It's so much fun to take the ferry ride over, park the car, and spend the day walking from one end to the other.
 

My first stop was brunch at The Flying Melon Cafe. My veggie omelet was amazing.
 

I had forgotten that this weekend was the Pirate Jamboree. I lost track of how many "Pirates" I saw walking around. There were lots of booths set up- food vendors, arts and crafts, and a pirate encampment. If you didn't know, Ocracoke is where the pirate Blackbeard (Edward Teach) was killed.

 



The ferry ride home.

 
Dear Brooks: Please bring back the Green Silence.
These shoes really belong in the dumpster, but I can't bear to toss them.
 
*Sigh* best running shoes ever.
 
 
The lighthouse in site while on my 4-miler.
 
 
I managed to assemble treat bags for the neighborhood kiddos without eating a single piece of candy. Self-control is bittersweet.
 
 
 
What are your plans for this week? Anything special for Halloween?
 
No huge plans for Halloween over here, but I'm having a Halloween Costume Party at my Zumba class on Thursday.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!