Friday, December 6, 2013

Ham and Cheese Lasagna

Do you ever get tired of cooking the same thing over and over again? I do. Chicken seems to be a protein staple in my house, but sometimes, I just need a break from it. This Ham and Cheese Lasagna recipe is perfect when you're looking for something different to cook or when you have leftover ham.

Ham leftovers from your Christmas or Easter dinners will never be the same!



Ingredients:

9-12 lasagna noodles, cooked
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups milk (I used fat-free)
1 cup cottage cheese (I used fat-free)
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
2 cups finely chopped cooked ham
1/2 package mushroom slices
1 tablespoon dried parsley

Directions:

Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Add the mushroom slices about halfway through.

Blend in the flour until the onions are well coated. Add the milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and just beginning to bubble, about 5-7 minutes.

Add the cottage cheese and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Stir until melted. Stir in the ham and parsley. Remove from the heat.

In a 13" x 9" baking dish (sprayed with non-stick spray), arrange three to four lasagna noodles and top with 1/4 of the ham mixture. Repeat to create three more layers of noodles and sauce. Sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese on top.

Bake at 350*F for 40 minutes. Remove lasagna from the oven and let stand for 15 minutes before serving.


Enjoy! 


I hope you all have a great weekend! Any big plans?

I'll be heading to Virginia Beach this evening for my 10-mile race tomorrow... I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. I hope the training has paid off :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!