Friday, March 7, 2014

Homemade Coconut Milk Coffee Creamer {Dairy-Free}

I've really began to cherish mornings and the moments of quiet that I have before heading off to work. It's so great to have a little bit of time to myself, not being rushed or stressed. Just time to breathe. Almost always, those moments are spent with a coffee cup in my hand.

Ever since I stopped {minus a few occasions} drinking dairy milk last summer, I've been craving a delicious non-dairy coffee creamer that wasn't full of sugar and ingredients I couldn't pronounce. Those are hard to find at my grocery store! My do-it-yourself spirit decided to make my own and I was so happy with the results. This three-ingredient Homemade Coconut Milk Coffee Creamer is creamy, flavorful, and delicious! Give this homemade coffee creamer a try even if you're not dairy-free!



This delicious homemade coffee creamer starts with light coconut milk. Feel free to use the full-fat version if you would like. It would be even creamier!


Homemade Coconut Milk Coffee Creamer

Ingredients:

1 14-ounce can light coconut milk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3-4 tablespoons organic honey

Directions:

In a saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the can of light coconut milk, vanilla, and honey and stir. Continue to stir occasionally for about five minutes, until the mixture is well combined.

Pour the mixture into a mason jar (pint) and let it cool before transferring it to the refrigerator.

*This homemade coffee creamer keeps for about a week.


13 comments:

  1. I love coconut milk what a great idea. I am so addicted to those flavored creamers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coconut milk is delicious! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. I have wanted to start making my own coffee creamer for awhile now, and this recipe looks perfect! the coconut milk sounds delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you try it, let me know how it turns out. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Oh Yeah! I am going to go make some right now! Thanks for sharing this recipe. :) I only use coconut creamer anymore and this is so much cheaper than buying it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it goes! Why buy creamer when you can make it yourself?

      Delete
  4. What a great idea! This sounds delicious! Thanks so much for sharing on Saturday Night Fever - PINNED!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having me and thanks for the pin!

      Delete
  5. This sounds great! I would love a touch of coconut in my coffee! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the pin and thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  6. This is a brilliant idea! I need to mention it to my mother in law, who likes buying all those coffee creamers in the stores. Thanks again for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It saves you money and you can actually pronounce all of the ingredients. It can't get better than that!

      Delete
  7. 3 Studies REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually kill fat by consuming Coconut Fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medical magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!