Monday, September 1, 2014

One Month

It’s a strange THING; getting in your car, turning on the engine and pressing “go home” on your GPS… when the very place that feels like home is in plain sight of the rear view mirror—just 50 feet behind you. In case you haven’t figured it out already, I’ve moved. In fact, today actually marks one month. It’s a good thing, I think. But it’s still scary.

This certainly doesn’t explain my absence here on the blog; I have a million reasons as to why my last post was May 31st. I was preoccupied with work, we were taking lots of short trips to scout out potential cities to relocate to, babe got a new job off the island, Hurricane Arthur hit (which came with a stray four week-old kitten, deliberately named Arthur), and we leased a new apartment in the city, making the move to Wilmington, NC.


Arthur kitten


We’re really enjoying exploring our new city. We’re exploring the new restaurants and shops, taking walks around downtown, getting in workouts at the park, and loving the fact that anything we want is just minutes away. I can hardly believe that there’s a coffee shop that’s open until midnight. We’re definitely not on Hatteras Island anymore!


Our new favorite coffee shop- Java Dog


farmer's market flowers

 hot pink cake stand

the best little two-bite cupcakes to sample


a restaurant we will never return to!

 lots of HIIT workouts in the park

found in a used bookstore downtown

My least favorite thing about our apartment… we opted for a six-month lease and therefore, couldn’t find any Internet deals that didn’t require a one-year contract. Yes, no Internet for this lady! It will definitely make blogging a bit challenging, but there’s a selection of coffee shops nearby and I’ll be bumming their Internet :)


 Enjoy your Labor Day!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!