Sunday, January 4, 2015

The World's Easiest Dinner Rolls

Hi, friends. I hope you are all having an amazing weekend. I finally got to have Christmas with my parents. It's a super short trip for such a drive... we got here late last night and we're leaving tomorrow afternoon, but it's worth it. I definitely miss not seeing my parents more often!

Recently, I've really started to be more conscious of the types of food I'm eating. I'm not avoiding gluten or going paleo, I'm just trying to avoid foods with a page long ingredient list. And if I can easily make it at home, I don't want to buy the store-bought version if I don't have to. Better for my health and my wallet. Score!

Dinner rolls have an incredibly long ingredient list. Like scary long. Lucky for you, I have a simple recipe for super easy dinner rolls. There are only 4 ingredients (plus water), and if you have a stand mixer, they are even more effortless.

Serve these alongside a hot soup and fresh salad or at your next family dinner. You will love them, I promise!












Ingredients:

3 cups flour (white, wheat, white-wheat, etc.)
2 tsp. Rapid Rise Yeast (you can find a jar of this in the baking aisle)
1 tsp. salt
1 cup warm water
¼ cup olive oil

Directions:

In a stand mixer*, combine half of the flour and the dry ingredients. Mix in the water and oil. Mix in the remaining flour and knead for 10-15 minutes with the dough hook. *No stand mixer? No problem! Just mix it by hand and knead it by hand. You will get the same results, but it will take a bit longer.

Take the dough out of the mixing bowl and place it down on your lightly dusted with flour, kitchen counter. Use your hands to spread out the dough and form your desired shape. Is it really sticky? Wet your hands to work with the dough.

Shape the dough as desired and place it onto an ungreased baking sheet. Let the dough sit and rest while the oven preheats to 425*F. Bake for 15 minutes, then adjust the temperature to 350* F and cook for about 10 more minutes.


Stay tuned for a delicious honey butter spread. It's amazing :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!